Home      Log In      Contacts      FAQs      INSTICC Portal

Visa Information

The Schengen visa is valid for the following 25 European countries: Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. A Schengen visa issued by an Embassy or Consulate of the above countries allows the holder to travel freely in all of these countries. Visas issued before or on December 20, 2007 by the new Schengen States (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Hungary, Poland, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and Malta) are only valid for these 9 new Schengen countries, not for the whole Schengen area.

"Citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein will need a valid passport or I.D. card. Under 16s can be included on the passport of their father, mother or tutor, as long as they have the same nationality as the passport holder and are travelling with him/her. Furthermore, if the young person is travelling with an I.D. card, this should be accompanied by parental authorisation.

If you are travelling from one of the following countries, you must present a valid passport, which will allow you to remain in Spain for a maximum period of 90 days: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, the U.S.A., Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, the Vatican, Singapore, Uruguay or Venezuela.

If you come from another country, you should apply for a visa from the Spanish Consulate in your place of residence, subject to criteria established by the European Union. You will also require a valid passport. You may be required to specify the reason for your application for entrance to Spain. Furthermore, if considered opportune, the Spanish authorities may require a document showing the establishment of accommodation in Spain, confirmation of booking on an organised tour, a return ticket or ticket for a tourist itinerary, or an invitation by a third party. In addition, they may also require you to show that you are in possession of sufficient funds for maintenance during your stay in Spain."

It's recommended that this process be started as soon as possible. We can provide the invitation letter so long as you have already registered, completed the payment and submitted the final version of your paper. Please note that this letter does not guarantee that you will receive a visa.

Quoted text source and further information:
Spain Tourism